SportImpact is a social enterprise promoting human development through sport.
We empower communities in developing countries to develop sport programs that stimulate happier, healthier, more productive, self-determined and fulfilling lives. Our vision is to use the power of sport to make everyone a changemaker, creating a peaceful and developed world, with equal opportunities for everyone.
SportImpact runs the ‘Sport for Life’ movement, currently in Timor-Leste, Cabo Verde and Mozambique. The key objective is to help local youth and sport leaders to empower themselves and create their own lives. It involves running Sport for Life train-the-trainers, courses and workshops, co-organizing multi-sport events for children and youth with workshop participants, and stimulating the development of sport clubs with regular activity.
Leveraging a successful partnership with the Cabo Verde Olympic Committee, SportImpact recently created the Sport for Life Africa Office, focused on (a) enhancing ongoing Sport for Life programs in Cabo Verde and Mozambique, (b) implementing Sport for Life in new African countries, especially in West Africa, and (c) creating a Sport for Life Africa platform to generate exchanges between all Sport for Life stakeholders.
SportImpact is looking for a passionate, committed and reliable person to improve Sport for Life impact assessment processes and to guarantee maximum positive impact for our projects.
Based in the city of Praia, Cabo Verde, at Cabo Verde Olympic Committee headquarters, the Sport for Life Impact Officer will work with the daily support of the Sport for Life Africa Coordinator and overall direction of the SportImpact Director. He/she will also work in close collaboration with the Sport for Life Marketing & Communications Officer and the Sport for Life Platform Officer, all active members of the Sport for Life Africa Office.
The Impact Officer will, among other responsibilities:
- Plan, with the support of the rest of the team, our Impact Assessment approach (what to measure, how, who, when, etc.);
- Implement processes to define, measure and publish indicators;
- Contribute to ‘Our Impact’ sections in reports and website;
- Support learning/improvement across the organization and within the Sport for Life platform, for all Sport for Life stakeholders towards maximum impact;
- Progressively take leadership of Sport for Life’s Knowledge Management.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
Academic level: Bachelor and/or master’s degree in relevant areas
Job experiences: No specific requirement; relevant job experiences will be valued.
The Sport for Life Impact Officer will have the following characteristics and abilities:
· Passionate about human development, in particular through sports;
· Excellent interpersonal, listening and adaptation skills to understand the spirit, philosophy and goals of Sport for Life, and to connect deeply with the human beings we work with;
· Analytically oriented, focused on fact-based evidence of results, with good ability to deal with quantitative and qualitative measures;
· Understanding of impact assessment frameworks and mindsets is a plus;
· Mastering of IT, social media and other communication tools (MS Office, etc.);
· A strong team player, persistent and resourceful, committed to generating top-quality work and strong positive impact, always creating opportunities and solutions;
· Self-driven and creative, able to work autonomously and committed to making things happen, engaging others as appropriate;
· Fluent in English, especially written. French, Portuguese and other languages also valued;
· Facilitation skills are a plus.
Good candidates will also feel strongly identified with SportImpact’s values:
Empowerment: We listen to communities and help them pursue the future they choose – for as long as necessary, not more.
Sustainability: We develop innovative solutions and business models to make projects sustainable, replicable and scalable.
Impact: We assess impact and control for unintended consequences, continuously adjusting to maximize positive long-term results.
Collaboration: We bring multiple stakeholders together and openly collaborate, sharing knowledge, experience and resources to create value.
Integrity: We have zero tolerance for corruption, abuse, discrimination or any other unethical behaviours.
Fun: We care for everyone we work with and always have fun!
WHAT WE OFFER
We provide compensation aligned with the role and competences.
We provide unique development and empowerment opportunities and the reward of contributing to meaningful world impact.
SportImpact focuses on delivering outstanding impact while providing everyone in the team with great development opportunities. This includes:
· Impact: You will be contributing to human development in countries where people often struggle to create opportunities to live the lives they really want.
· Learning opportunities, through on-the-job feedback and formal reviews, as well as internal knowledge sharing, with a steep learning curve.
· Entrepreneurial environment, where everyone can take initiative and drive projects. Given our small size and young age, working with SportImpact you will have the opportunity to significantly influence our business model and methodologies, and impact the way we are impacting the world.
To apply, you are required to send:
- Your updated resume;
- A cover letter sharing why you are excited to accept this mission, how you would like to contribute and why we should select you;
- Examples of your work that may be relevant for the role;
- Most importantly, one page with your draft plan to assess the impact of the Sport for Life project.
Please send all documents in English and PDF format, before Sunday, June 16th, 11:59pm, to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete applications and/or applications sent out of time will not be taken into consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.